Potty training inspiration: make custom underwear decals!


Excerpt:

Potty training inspiration: make custom underwear decals!

Inspiring-underwear

Becky titled this hack "Inspiring underwear." I say: inspired underwear for those who are looking to motivate beginning potty-trainers:

They say you should let your potty-training child pick out some big-kid underwear at the store so that he/she is inspired to keep them dry for potty training. But when I took my son shopping, all the underwear designs featured characters he didn't know. I thought, "Man, I wish they sold underwear with Winnie the Pooh (his favorite bedtime stories) or Little Bear (his favorite DVD)."  Then I saw a package of plain white undies and was inspired.[Inspiration comes from unlikely places, eh? -- Ed.]

I downloaded images of all my son's favorite characters and saved them in a single document using the  Paint program that came preloaded on my computer. I resized the images so they would fit properly on my son's underwear (I printed test sheets to make sure).

Once they were the right size, I printed them white iron-on transfer paper, available at any office supply store.  I cut out each image and followed the directions on the package to iron it onto the plain white underwear I had bought in bulk.  Voila!  A collection of underwear with all my son's favorite characters, made on the cheap, and they looked as good or better than the stuff available at the store. 

The whole process was actually much easier than it sounds.  I'm a working mom and I did it in one evening.  My son loved them!  Now, almost a year later, he's still excited about picking out his underwear in the morning.

Are those tighty-whities adorable, or what?

MorePotty training hacks

Sent from my iPad

Posted via email from Pete's posterous

No comments: